Well over a year ago, Hillary reached out to me across the ether in the early stages of planning her Maine wedding with George from a land far away. As someone who works with a number of couples "from away" every year, crafting a relationship with these two love birds since then, despite not having met them, was second nature. It goes without saying that arriving at Hair Station to meet up with Hillary and her ladies felt like meeting up with an old friend.
I dare say that neither she nor her beloved George expected the warmth of the summer when they opted for a mid September wedding in Maine. But the bright sun was nothing compared to the smiles that they brought to each other's faces as soon as they were near. Their eyes twinkled whenever someone mentioned the other person. And they both were beaming all day long (perhaps that was due to wedding planning being over, but I'll say that it was their excitement to be married at long last).
After getting ready for their formalities on separate floors at the historic Kora Temple in Lewiston, Maine, George took a stroll down the street to the Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul. Hillary and her ladies followed a short time later in their limo. Following a heartfelt ceremony in the gorgeous Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul (the same place my in laws were married a long time ago!), we adventured down Simard-Payne Memorial Park for fun photos with their bridal party and portraits of the newlyweds. At long last, we all made our way back to the Kora Temple for their dinner and dance party. It was such an awesome day! What a way to start the next chapter of your life together.
Hillary & George, thank you oodles for having us there with you on your incredible day. It was absolutely our honor! We hope you enjoyed your mini-moon and are settling in to life as a finally married couple.
- Getting Ready & Reception Location: Kora Temple in Lewiston, Maine
- Bakery: Grant's Bakery in Lewiston, Maine
- Bridal Salon: David's Bridal in South Portland, Maine
- Catering: Crazy Cops from Kora Shriners in Lewiston, Maine
- Ceremony: Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in Lewiston, Maine
- DJ: Friend of the Newlyweds, Andrew Gilliam
- Groom's Apparel: Men's Wearhouse in State College, PA
- Hair Stylist: Hair Station in Auburn, Maine
- Makeup: Danielle Jae Makeup Artistry
- Transportation: Vacationland Limo