Emily & Coleman's Wedding at Mariner's Church in Portland's Old Port
Almost a year ago, Emily reached out to me about her wedding and we met over coffee shortly thereafter. Meeting felt like hanging out with an old friend. I loved hearing the story of how Coleman proposed in front of their dishwasher and of their plans for their wedding ceremony at Holy Cross where they first met. Fast forward almost a year and the big day was finally here this past Saturday. I met Coleman for the first time while he and his guys were partaking in the usual wedding day shenanigans (including Holy Donuts, I might add). They had me in stitches within moments of my arrival at his parent's house! Afterwards, I met Emily at her home to capture her last moments before slipping on her wedding gown from Andrea's Bridal. With the Portland Discovery trolley's arrival, they were quickly whisked off to Holy Cross for Emily to marry her best friend.
After a heartfelt ceremony from Father Innocent Okozi, the newlyweds captured some of their formals at Holy Cross and then made their way to the historic Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth. The gorgeous blue skies and strong sun gave plenty of warmth, which was unexpected for a mid-October wedding. The smiles almost shined brighter than the sun though. I knew that everyone was looking forward to celebrating and we made quick work on their remaining formals in front of the Goddard Mansion and at Battery DeHart.
In no time at all, we arrived at Mariner's Church Banquet Center on Fore Street in Portland ready to get the party started. Jason Strycharz from Music Man DJ Service did not disappoint as he had the dance floor packed right after the bridal party made their entrance. Stories from Coleman's womb-mate had everyone in stitches as he recounted tales of their childhood. Carrie, the event coordinator at Mariner's Church Banquet Center, ensured that their evening went perfectly. And we all know that the delicious cake from Nothing Bakes Like a Parrott combined with Emily's amazing candy bar (which I am still dreaming of!) kept their guests well energized long into the night. I dare say a highlight for me was when the newlyweds were up for an evening stroll on Wharf Street after sunset to capture more portraits on the cobblestone streets of Portland's Old Port.
Emily & Coleman, thank you so very much for choosing me to capture the story of your day. Getting to know both of you over the past year has been so much fun! Here is a sneak peek of what is in store for you in your forthcoming full gallery. Enjoy!
- Ceremony: Holy Cross in South Portland, Maine
- Reception: Mariner's Church Banquet Center in Portland, Maine
- Bridal Gown Boutique: Andrea's Bridal in Portland, Maine
- Groom's Apparel: Tuxedos on Broadway
- Bakery: Nothing Bakes Like a Parrott
- DJ: Jason Strycharz from Music Man DJ Service
- Caterer: Old Port Tavern at Mariner's Church Banquet Center
- Ceremony Music: Cantor Michele Lehr and Organist Martina Ousback
- Event Coordinator/Planner: Carrie Doughty at Mariner's Church Banquet Center
- Florist: Fiddlehead Florist in Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- Hair Stylist & makeup Artist: Angela Mancini at Details Salon
- Officiant: Father Innocent Okozi from the Portland Diocese
- Transportation: Trolley from Portland Discovery